We strongly believe that school uniform gives our students a sense of identity and of belonging to the academy. It helps to ensure that no student feels disadvantaged in terms of appearance, removes the need to keep up with constantly changing and expensive fashion trends, and instils a sense of pride.
- Blue jacket with Colchester Academy logo
- White shirt or blouse with collar
- Striped academy tie
- Mid-light grey school trousers with dark socks or knee-length, mid-light grey, box-pleated skirt with plain tights (navy, grey or natural)
- Grey v-necked knitted tank top
- Plain flat black shoes (no training shoes or boots)
- A substantial school bag for books and equipment
- Navy sports polo-shirt with Colchester Academy logo
- Navy PE shorts
- Red sports socks
- Reversible navy and red long-sleeved outdoor rugby top
Students involved in contact sports are strongly advised to wear corrective protective clothing, this means:
- Football – shin pads and football boots
- Hockey – shin pads and mouth guard
- Rugby – shin pads, mouth guard and football boots
Students can wear a plain dark outdoor coat however these should not be worn as a substitute for the academy blazer.
We do not allow any forms of jewellery (except one pair of small stud earrings and a wrist watch).
- You can order the uniform online from Price & Buckland Ltd at www.pbparentsonline.co.uk/colchester
- You will need to register and set up an account before you can order
- If you are unable to order online please download our uniform order formand post it directly to Price & Buckland enclosing payment
- To help you order the correct size, sample jackets are available for students to try on at our student reception
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I order the uniform? There are 2 options:
- Using Price & Buckland Ltd website www.pbparentsonline.co.uk/colchester; or
- Completing an order form and sending it by post to Price & Buckland Ltd
- How do I order online? The first time that you place an order you will be asked to set up a user account by registering your name and a password. Payment can be made by debit or credit card, the same way you would use any other online ordering website.
- How do I order if I do not have internet access? If you do not have access to a computer, you can pick up an order form from our reception, once completed please send directly to Price & Buckland Ltd, Benneworth Close, Hucknall, Nottingham, NG15 6EL.
- How do I know what size jacket to order? Sample jackets are available for students to try on at our student reception.
- What are the delivery options? Deliveries to your home address should be delivered in five working days and a £3.95 delivery charge applies to each home delivery.
- How do I return items? Parents must contact Price & Buckland Ltd directly to discuss any refunds or exchanges. They have a 14 day returns policy, provided items are returned in a new and unused condition. If you have any questions, you can all their Customer Service Team on 0115 964 0827.
- What happens if my child does not comply with the Academy uniform policy? It is important that all students come to the academy in the full uniform. If there is an issue, this needs to be addressed directly with us at the earliest opportunity. If your child does not have a full uniform, please contact us through your child’s Year Leader to let us know when this is expected to be rectified. In the meantime, your child will receive a uniform pass from their Year Leader. Students who fail to produce a slip for staff when challenged at any time may incur a uniform detention. When a piece of uniform cannot be worn by the student they are encouraged to wear clothing that best matches the expectation, for example smart dark trousers and not jeans or leggings.