Year 7 PSHE Provision
All students in Year 7 study one lesson a week of PSHE. Below is an outline of the topics covered during the academic year.
Key Stage 3
|PSHE Programme of Study
Living in the wider world
- Social media risks
- Team work
- Eating and exercise
- First aid
- Drugs and alcohol
- Peer pressure
- Sex/healthy relationships
- Mental health
- Mapping success
- Qualities of success
- Planning success
- Comfort zones
- Resilience and success
- Positive mental attitude
Fundamental British Values
- Rule of law
- Mutual respect
Philosophy and Ethics
- Moral Issues
- Genetic Engineering
Becoming a leader
- Leading others
- Teamwork for success
- Applying team work
- Becoming a leader
- What do you want to do when you grow up?
- Which would you rather: debt or savings?
- Am I all over the internet
- Is it all about school?
- Internet: truth of lies?
- Is there no I in team?
- What is Democracy?
- Who shall I vote for?
- How are laws made
- Apart or together? The United Kingdom
- Why is bullying not ok?
- What is racism and discrimination?
- Multiculturalism: threat or asset?
- What are British values?
- What are Human rights and laws?
- What is it to be healthy?
- How do you save a life?
- How do we not get pressured by our peers?
- Should we allow people to take drugs?
- Should we ban alcohol?
- What impact does puberty have?
- What is a healthy relationship like?
- Why is your mental health important?
- Why do people have different views?
- Should we use genetic engineering?
- Should people live forever?
- What are your views on abortion?
- Should we help people to die?
- How important is your conscious to your decision making?
- How do people become successful?
- Identify the qualities and values that will help you build a successful life
- How to create a successful future?
- How does trying new things increase your chances of success?
- What is resilience?
- What us positive mental attitude?
- What qualities and characteristics do inspirational leaders have?
- What motivates people?
- How can you inspire others?
- Why is teamwork important?
- What skills will help you achieve success?
- How do you become a leader?