- Blue jacket with Colchester Academy logo
- White shirt or blouse with collar
- Striped Academy tie
- Mid-light grey school trousers with dark socks or knee-length, mid-light grey, box-pleated skirt with plain tights (navy, grey or natural)
- Grey v-necked knitted tank top
- Plain flat black shoes (no training shoes or long boots)
- A substantial school bag for books and equipment
- Navy sports poloshirt with Academy logo
- Navy PE shorts
- Red sports socks
- Reversible navy and red long-sleeved outdoor rugby top
Students involved in contact sports are strongly advised to wear corrective protective clothing, this means:
- Football – shin pads and football boots
- Hockey – shin pads and mouth guard
- Rugby- shin pads, mouth guard and football boots.
Outdoor coats: Students are permitted to wear a plain dark outdoor coat however outdoor coats should not be worn as a substitute for the jacket. Denim or leather jackets and any form of tracksuit top are not permitted.
Personal appearance: The Academy will not allow any forms of jewellery (except one pair of small stud earrings and a wrist watch), hats, extreme haircuts and colourings. It is at the Academy’s discretion as to what constitutes ‘extreme’ but usually involves shaven heads, very long hair, carved, patterned or multi-coloured styles.
Academy uniform is available to order online from Price & Buckland at www.pbparentsonline.co.uk/colchester - you will need to register and set up an account before you can order. If you are unable to order online please download order form: Uniform Order Form and post it directly to Price and Buckland enclosing payment. To help you order the correct size, sample jackets are available for students to try on at the Academy Student Reception.